Yet again celebrating New Year at a pub, disc or restaurant? Head to Dandeli, with its trails and dense forests, is home to animals including black panthers, monkeys and elephants, as well as many bird species. Its a destination away from the hustle and bustle of a city and welcome the year 2019, at the lap of nature, besides the ruffling bonfire under the silent starlit sky.
We promise you adventure and fun in the form of water rides and camping, trek, delicious food, rollicking activities and tent stay in Dandeli. A Kite Festival awaits you on the last day of 2018 along with music, singing and dancing. At the stroke of midnight, bid goodbye to 2018 with sky lanterns.
Dandeli is small town lies on the banks of the River Kali in north Karnataka and is also an ideal place to unwind amidst natural beauty some 1,551 ft above sea level..
Dandeli has a dense forest cover and is one of the best natural habitats in the world. Dandeli is one of the top white-water rafting destinations in India. Kayaking, canoeing, water rafting, overnight rafting or canoeing trips on the Kali River, along with other adventure sports like cycling and mountain biking are some of the things one can indulge in here. Dandeli also offers crocodile spotting, nature walks, treks, boating, bird watching, and angling trips.
On a ride down the river, a variety of birds can be sighted. Hornbills, kingfishers, darters and egrets are among the 300 species of birds found here.
Best time to visit Dandeli:
- January-February-March: Ideal for Bird Watching in Dandeli
- April-May-June: Right Time to Visit Dandeli for Wildlife
- July-August-September: Bask in the Monsoon Rains in Dandeli
- October-November-December: Best Season to Visit Dandeli for Everything
Let this New Year offers a perfect excuse for another fun and adventurous start.
Note: Heart patients, with breathing problems, any physical weakness, any serious ailments, pregnant ladies, diabetic patients, asthma, blood pressure patients, etc. (You would be able to enjoy light activities, but not like kayaking, etc. for safety purpose)
Mandatory documents: ID proof original and its photo copy, Nature Walkers Disclaimer form
||Bangalore – Dandeli– Bangalore
||Saturday– 7.00 pm
||Tuesday– 10.30 pm
- Leaving from Bangalore
- Brief Introduction.
Arrival at Homestay
Start the Journey towards water-activity place
Kayaking – Natural Jacuzzi – Boating
Have packed lunch
Visit Backwaters by sunset
Reach homestay and freshen-up with high tea
- Start the day with easy trek within forest 3 kms
- Return and get ready, breakfast at 9AM
- Team building activity/Syntheri rock
- Visit Eco-park / bird watching
- Evening high tea
- Dinner and post that New Year Celebration with less noise and eco-friendly
- Journey back to Bangalore
|MANDATORY THING TO CARRY
- Two liters of water bottles
- A torch
- A cap
- Personal medical kit
- Good Traction Shoes
- Extra trousers and inner-wears
- Cargo/track pants -2
- T-shirt -2
- Shoes, Socks
- Personal medication kit
- Rain Coat/Poncho*
- Jacket (as nights will be cold)
- Slippers to walk around the homestay (optional)
- To and fro journey
- Shared Accommodation
- Two Morning Breakfast
- 2 Dinner (30th and 31st Dec)
- Kayaking – Natural Jacuzzi – Boating
- Sky Lantern to bid farewell to 2018 and
- Welcome New Year
- Bird watching
- Exploring Dandeli
- Lunch (Tuesday afternoon, as we will be travelling. )
- Dinner (Saturday Night, as we will be travelling)
- Water rafting
- Any personal purchases.